Friday 21 January 2011

Joan, revisited

It feels like so long since I've been posting regularly, but the last three months I've been wrapped up in my dissertation, but the 10,000 words are done, bound and handed in. I can finally get back to blogging - a month before the A/W 11 shows kick off! I'm lucky enough to be at London Fashion Week again this season, and I'm really hoping to bump into a certain Joan Smalls. I first blogged about her all the way back in April 2010 and I was just thinking how far she has come.

For the S/S 11 campaign season she has both Gucci and Roberto Cavalli:




...and she's rumoured to appear in the (as yet unpublished) Stella McCartney campaign.

My favourite of her recent run of work, however is this editorial:

all images scanned by the wonderful users at TFS.

Shot by Mario Sorrenti it appears in the February issue of Vogue Paris. Joan is such a great mover, and in this editorial she has the presence of a veteran model with her compelling gaze and awareness of how the clothes move. She's one of the most versatile models today.

I can't wait to see the Stella McCartney campaign!

No comments:

Post a Comment