Tuesday 23 March 2010

Changing Direction

I love US Vogue. I truly do, it's a magazine that cannot be judged by it's cover, but I've been buying it for the last five years. As an aspiring journalist the writing style of the magazine is something I really appreciate, and I think it has definitely improved my writing. I love how consistent it is, too many magazines waver with trends and rarely product anything truly memorable, but I always look forward to picking up a copy. The model casting too is fantastic, they may not feature the new girls - but rather the great movers, it's no surprise that the likes of Raquel, Karlie & Caroline are all featured in Vogue so often. So, I just had to share this editorial with Karlie in the April issue of Us Vogue - with her fantastic movement and facial expressions she makes what could be a dull studio shoot come alive. And as always, perfect styling from Grace Coddington.



The first shot is especially interesting to see Ann Demeulemeester styled to look so formal and clean, and I much prefer full length skirts now, especially for day wear, they are just so easy to style up or down.

all images from nextmodelblog via The Fashion Spot

2 comments:

  1. I was shocked when I first read US Vogue as to how wordy it is compared to UK version! There are so many articles in comparison!!

    Paddy☮

    Click here to visit me at LITTLE RAZZI blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace Coddington is amazing, without her vogue us would be a little souless. You have a really great blog, we'll definitely be back, come follow us if you fancy.

    Have a lovely Easter weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete