Wednesday 29 September 2010

Something about Milan...


Frida Gustavsson at Dsquared...an unusual source of inspiration.

There must be something strange in the champagne over at Milan fashion week, because my usual fvaourites; Jil Sander, Fendi & Prada were huge let downs for me. The biggest being Jil Sander, the shapes were unflattering even on the models and Anna Wintour spent the whole show tapping away at her Blackberry. For me, it's the most disspointing collection since Raf Simons joined the house.
So where did the great looks come from? I never though I'd say this but Roberto Cavalli and Dsquared2 are what I remember most about Milan. Believe me, it pains me to say this. Of course Bottega Veneta is never a let down, Alberta Feretti was stunning and Marni was wonderful.


(Dsquared S/S 11, Dsquared S/S 11, Bottega Veneta S/S 11, Bottega Veneta S/S 11, Maxmara S/S 11, Maxmara S/S 11, Roberto Cavalli S/S 11, Roberto Cavalli S/S 11.

I mean this Roberto Cavalli collection is just so...Shakira in the Whenever, Wherever video. Maybe after what feels like three weeks of minimalism at NY, London and parts of Milan I can find a Roberto Cavalli collection wildly fun. There's fringing! Sequins! Snake Print!. Another stand out is the wonderful make up, courtesy of the master, Pat McGrath. This has to be the most flattering and simple make up I've seen in Milan it made all the models look incredible:



I just can't help loving it, maybe my mind will change after seeing Paris.

4 comments:

  1. this is why when asked who my favorite designers are, i just say that i only have my favorite shows. you never know who is going to knock your socks off next, or deeply disappoint you.

    and the roberto cavalli makeup is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true, there's 3/4 designers that I always love their shows, but other than that it's just down to shows.

    The Cavalli make up is really something :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I LOVE this type of hair <3 , but mine ins are of the photos TT

    i like the look of erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you are totally right about Jil Sander, I think the collection... was really not... so good ^^
    amazing blog!

    ReplyDelete